ROD FRY MEMORIAL RACE
RESULTS NOW AVAILABLE HERE
Safety Conditions to be Applied – PLEASE READ BEFORE ENTERING RACE:
- Paddlers must wear protective footwear.
- Paddlers must NOT have any pre-existing health condition that may affect them during the race.
- Paddlers must be able to swim at least 50 metres and support themselves in the water for at least 10 minutes.
- Paddlers must have sufficient physical fitness to complete the race without excessive stress.
- Paddlers need to drink plenty of water before, during and after the race.
- Padders are strongly advised to wear a Personal Flotation Device during the race.
- Junior paddlers MUST wear a Personal Flotation Device during the race.
- Junior, novice or inexperienced paddlers are not permitted to race the 12 km course.
- PaddlerÕs craft must be sufficiently buoyant to be able to float level. Random inspections will be carried out.
- Parking: is available above the clubrooms in Johnson Parade, or
Johnson Street, near the Yacht Club. (Easy paddle or walk to the Club). Royal Freshwater Bay
- Warm to hot weather is expected. Paddlers must protect themselves from the sun.
- Classes may be combined where numbers are insufficient, at the discretion of the Race Marshall.
- Prizes may not be awarded where numbers are insufficient, at the discretion of the Race Marshall.
Request for Volunteers
This year we would like to make the race one of the largest and most successful for some years. However, Ian canÕt do it all himself and we need a lot of volunteers to make the race run smoothly, safely and be an enjoyable day for all concerned. Click here for details.
More details at link below.